Travel insurance covering all destinations and activities

We know that taking a group away can be daunting, so in order to give you maximum peace of mind we offer school trip insurance created specifically for educational trips.

Our insurance policy matches the requirements of most LEAs and is designed to cover all activities included in our itineraries, as well as featured optional extras.

Travelbound (operated by Skibound Limited) is an appointed representative of Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 304295).

Policy cover

Our standard policy includes the following cover:

  • Cancellation or curtailment – up to £3,000
  • Emergency medical expenses – up to £5 million
  • Personal accident – up to £25,000
  • Missed departure – up to £1,000 (in the UK £500)
  • Personal baggage – up to £1,500 (under 18s £750)
  • Personal money – up to £500 (under 18s £250)
  • Personal liability – up to £2 million
  • Organiser’s liability – up to £5 million
  • Legal advice and expenses – up to £25,000

As with all insurance, it is important that you read the policy prior to booking in order to understand the level of cover provided – especially regarding any pre-existing medical conditions of people on whom your travel plans depend.

We recommend that you email details of insurance to all party members at the time of booking to ensure that they (and if under 18, their parents) are aware of the terms.

Insurance will be included for your group automatically. A full copy of the insurance policy and statement of insurance document are on the below links.

Cancelling insurance

Please note that as soon as your full first deposits have been paid and received for every member of the group your policy will be live. If the cover does not meet your needs there is a ‘cooling off’ period of 14 days from the date of receipt for first deposits during which you may cancel the insurance in writing to Travelbound. Please refer to the policy and the statement of insurance for details regarding cancellation. The policy also contains a Complaints Procedure.

Choosing a different student travel insurance provider

You may decide to make your own insurance arrangements, but please note that adequate and valid travel insurance is compulsory for all Travelbound travellers. It is a condition of accepting your booking that you agree to obtain adequate travel insurance by the date of departure. You must ensure that there are no exclusion clauses that limit cover for your tour’s activities.

European Health Insurance Card

When travelling within the European Economic Area (EEA), we strongly recommend that all members of your party have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), formerly known as E111. Many state hospitals and doctors in the EEA accept this. However, it is not a replacement for travel insurance, as it may not cover the cost of all treatment or repatriation to the UK.

If you have any questions about insurance, please contact us.


Helpful documents