Plan your tour with confidence
Good accommodation and transport are vital to making your trip successful and enjoyable.
Whether you’re going by coach to a European youth hostel, or heading to Morocco to stay in a Bedouin tent, you need to get your students there and back safely, comfortably and efficiently.
We work with accommodation providers to offer a range of options, from home-stays and high-quality business hotels to safari-type tents, depending on the destination and your requirements.
As a full member of the School Travel Forum (STF), we ensure all these accommodation options are subject to a standard audit prior to first use and at a maximum of three-year intervals.
All accommodation suppliers we work with must provide as a minimum:
- a valid operating licence
- evidence they are in possession of valid indemnity and public liability insurance
- confirmation that they comply with all requirements of local and national governing bodies, as well as those of licensing authorities
- completion of our accommodation safety assessment, which covers fire safety arrangements, an appropriate food management system, and general safety arrangements including swimming pools and security
We’re proud to have years of experience arranging comfortable school group travel by air, coach, rail and ferry.
All transportation suppliers we work with must provide as a minimum:
- a valid operating licence
- evidence they are in possession of valid indemnity, public liability insurance and transport specific insurances
- coach transport suppliers must agree to the standards laid down in our Coach Operator Land Transportation Code of Practice, and must complete our transport safety assessment, which covers the management of driver hours and fatigue, driver recruitment (including DBS checks, where appropriate), vehicle maintenance and emergency procedures
- all air, rail and sea transportation provided as part of a tour complies with regulations set down by the appropriate Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Civil Aviation Authority or equivalent regulatory body in the country of operation
If you’d like more information on the transport or accommodation providers we use, please contact us.
No matter your home country, Travelbound can provide flights for your group on a variety of carriers from low cost to scheduled. We can provide indirect and direct flight options to ensure we fulfill your group’s needs and budgets.
The Eurostar is the only high-speed train that directly links the UK to destinations in France and Belgium via the Channel Tunnel. Many groups find it a convenient and speedy alternative to flying or coach travel.
Trains depart the UK from London St Pancras, Ebbsfleet or Ashford, with the fastest journey times taking you from London to Paris in 2hrs 15mins, or London to Brussels in 2hrs. Check in time is only 45mins and your group will automatically receive reserved seating, ensuring groups can sit together.
Europe’s high-speed trainlines can get you from one destination to another in a very short space of time and at reasonable prices. Travelbound can book return train transfers from your local station to resort, or during your tour to connect between cities.
If you’ve travelled by air or train to your destination, we can provide a local coach for convenient transfers. A coach charter can also be provided if you are travelling within mainland Europe, including the use of the coach throughout your stay (subject to EU drivers’ hour regulations).
Please note that while all UK-sourced coaches will feature seatbelts, it is not a legal requirement in many overseas destinations for coaches and buses to be fitted with safety restraints.
Local public transport system – including buses, trams and metros – provide an affordable and easy way to navigate cities across the world. Travelbound can prearrange these tickets for you and have them waiting for your arrival.
Please note that the standards of public transport used by groups or individuals during a tour is outside of our control.