Our destinations are amazing, and we want to keep them that way
We help thousands of students visit inspirational attractions across the world – from St Mark’s Square in Venice to the Grand Canyon.
We recognise that this entails a responsibility to respect the environment, economy and culture of our destinations so that future generations can enjoy them too. We’re also committed to educating young people and want to help them experience travel that is ethical and environmentally sustainable.
Silver Award for our French château
We’re proud that our own property, the Château du Molay in Normandy, has received a Silver Award for its efforts to promote and achieve sustainability, following a full Travelife audit. This initiative introduces hotels to sustainability principles and is part-funded by the EU.
The following achievements are among those that helped us secure the award:
- we reuse internal paper and recycle waste such as plastics and metals
- we’re planting an ‘Eco Avenue’ in the chateau’s grounds to help off-set our carbon footprint and create environmental awareness
- we recycle old computers
- we use energy-saving light bulbs where possible
- we explain the importance of sustainability to students in our welcome meetings
- each season we monitor our use of chemicals, bin liners, water, electricity and fuel to identify how we can reduce it next season
- we use eco-friendly toilet paper
- we use local suppliers where possible to keep the money in the local economy
When you book a trip with Travelbound, you know you’re going to be travelling with the most environmentally-aware company in the educational travel industry.
Want to know more about responsible travel at Travelbound?
If you have any questions or want to find out more about our commitment to responsible travel, please get in touch.