Booking and planning


We can provide travel insurance especially for international schools, designed to cover all the activities and destinations on your itinerary.

We know that taking a group away can be daunting, so in order to give you maximum peace of mind, we offer travel insurance created specifically for international schools and includes no medical excess. Our insurance policy is designed to cover all activities included in our itineraries, as well as featured optional extras. Travelbound is an appointed representative of Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited, (FSA reference 307304) and our standard policy includes the following cover:

  • emergency medical expenses - up to £5 million

  • personal accident - up to £25,000

  • Cancellation of abandonment of journey - up to £3000 

  • personal money - up to £500 (under 18s £200)

  • personal liability - up to £2 million

  • legal advice and expenses - up to £25,000

As with all insurance, it is important that you read the policy prior to booking in order to understand the level of cover provided – especially regarding any pre-existing medical conditions of people on whom your travel plans depend. We recommend that you email details of insurance to all party members at the time of booking to ensure that they (and if under 18, their parents) are aware of the terms.


European Health Insurance Card

When travelling within the European Economic Area (EEA) and hold a European passport, we strongly recommend that all members of your party have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), formerly known as E111. Many state hospitals and doctors in the EEA accept this. However, it is not a replacement for travel insurance, as it may not cover the cost of all treatment or repatriation to the UK.


Financial security

We are a member of the Federation of Tour Operators (FTO). All of our tours are fully bonded by ABTA, protecting your group against unforeseen events. 


Choosing a different student travel insurance provider

You may decide to make your own insurance arrangements, but please note that adequate and valid travel insurance is compulsory for all Travelbound travellers. It is a condition of accepting your booking that you agree to obtain adequate travel insurance by the date of departure. You must ensure that there are no exclusion clauses that limit cover for the activities included in your tour.

If you have any questions about insurance, please contact us.


Helpful links

International Schools Travelbound Insurance Policy 2015